Monday, September 15, 2008

STOMP (Students Taking on Malaria Prevention) is back!! So all you anopheles gambiae -- watch out!

Dear STOMPers:

I know we're already a few weeks into school, but welcome back. I hope that everyone had a great summer. But now that we're back, we've got some life-saving work to do!

First things first -- we need to meet again. I've talked to some STOMPers recently about times that will work for them and it's looking like Wednesday around 4:30 works best. So September 17th at 4:30 p.m. we're going to meet in room 244 of the Natural Science building. I hope that this time and place works for most, if not all of you.

Second, and we'll talk about this more at the meeting, I've signed us up for the iVote event that is coming to campus. It's for RSOs and it looks like it will be great publicity for us and possibly help us get more STOMPers. Not to mention -- it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun! I'm pasting the description of the event below.

Other things we're going to discuss at the meeting (tentatively):
  • goals for the upcoming year
  • formal positions for people
  • other events that we can put on/take part in
  • adopting a village in Africa
  • partnering up with a study abroad
  • bringing STOMP the Broadway show and Stevie Wonder (you're welcome Gabe) to campus.
Needless to say, this is going to be a fun-filled and important meeting so that we can get our year started off right!

Please contact me back and tell me if you'll be able to make this meeting. If you can't make the meeting, please tell me what times would work best for you.

Talk to you all soon.


Aaron Schaer
schaerraa@msu.edu

No comments: